The music in your car can be an awesome experience with the right system. To make it really amazing, a big budget isn’t always the key factor. You can achieve a great sound buying a good car CD player and some good value car speakers. Here I will guide you in finding a hi quality car CD player that wont ruin your day with the wife. 🙂
So what do you need to know to choose a good car CD Player? Before thinking of features like connectivity, fidelity or controls you will need to know the size of the device that you are looking for. You need to know if the car stereo will fit in your car’s dashboard, because if it doesn’t you will have to change the car. 🙂 There are two options, and I have a few suggestions below for both, Single DIN and Double DIN. Here is a picture that will make it clear which is which:
Deciding to go for a Car CD player is a great idea budget-wise even thou nowadays people are migrating towards the digital input options. You can still get a good car cd player with a USB plug while an exclusive digital player will make your CD collection useless. So hold on and make a good choice.
So I recommend looking for a device that will play your CD’s, that would let you plug in a flash drive using a USB port, that features a 3.5mm auxiliary input and bluetooth.This way you will never find yourself without connectivity options. You will not get all these in a reasonable priced car cd player but I handpicked for you some viable options.
After you are done with the size and the connectivity you can think about other features like the wattage or the sound fidelity or about how easy it is to instal. All the options I found below are great from this point of view so you will not have to spend any more time.
The JVC KDR66o Single Din Car CD Player
I want to start with the JVC KDR66o Single Din as this device has a really good quality of sound. The high and low frequencies seem to have a natural balance and they produce a clean sound.
- It will read and play any CD/CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA
- AM/FM RBDS tuner with 18FM/12AM presets
- It has a very useful 3.5mm front Audio Auxiliary Input
- It has a USB plug placed in front of the device
- It features JVC Smart Music that will enable you to control the device from Android phones or tablets
- 1 year warranty
- It has a detachable face plate for your theft security
- It has a remote control included in the package so the back-seated passengers can control the player
- It is iPod and iPhone Ready which means that you can connect to the CD player using a standard USB-to-iPod Cable or USB-to-Lightning Cable
So, in the connectivity department, you can plug in USB flash drives or even your smartphone and use that as a source. This is very convenient and the 3.5mm front Audio Auxiliary Input will make not miss the bluetooth. It is easy to use and you will have no problems installing it as you will find the installation harness and the bracket needed to fit it into the dashboard.
I really was surprised by the JVC KDR660 Single Din in a pleasant way mainly for the clear sound it delivers and all the connection capabilities.
The Kenwood KDC-255U car CD Player
The next one on our list is the Kenwood KDC-255U. Kenwood is a brand that comes with a lot of promises about it’s sound quality. This unit will not disappoint you from this point of view as it offers a crisp and clear sound experience. Sadly still no bluetooth, but when balancing the other advantages of these units, I prefer to have a car CD player will make me enjoy my music rather than having a bluetooth connection that I would hardly use. So this does exactly that, and I love it.
- Here are some facts about this Kenwood car CD player:
- It will play CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, so all your MP3 and WMA discs are hip again
- It has a detachable front panel with a LCD displaying 11 characters
- It offers you the option to chanve the controls illumination color, which I find very convinient making it easy to fid your car design better
- The package includes a remote control
- You can control the device using your smartphone as it is compatible with Music Control app for Android
- It has a built-in MOSFET amplifier that delivers 22 watts with a RMS/50 peak on 4 channels
- It has a System Q Sound Control and a 3 band equalizer
- The inputs are placed on the front panel and includes both a 3.5 auxiliary input and USB port
- You can control it using the iPod if you connect it trough USB input
- It features a bass boost that will make your windows vibrate with the right speaker system
The Pioneer DEH-150MP car CD Player
Let’s take a look at the Pioneer DEH-150MP. I recommend this car CD player mainly because I was very surprised about the high quality sound that it delivers. I really wasn’t expecting this as the price tag showed a very friendly $55. This unit proved me that you can a=have a great music experience without drilling a hole in your budget.
Here are the facts:
- It will play any CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs so you will not have any problems playing your MP3 CDs
- Its detachable front pannel has a LCD display with 12-characters
- It comes with a wirreless remote control that can enable the pasengers to control the unit
- It features a 5 band equalizer
- It has a very useful 3.5 front-panel auxiliary input
- It has a built-In MOSFET 50W x 4 Amplifier
- The producer offers 1 year warranty for the device
This is a simple car CD player and maybe I would like it to have bluetooth and maybe a USB plug but it compensates with its high quality sound and a low price.