All the big brands are offering speakers with Bluetooth technology these days but choosing the right one for your needs can be a monumental task because of the amount available on the marketplace. Before you make your choice, you should consider at least one Bose Portable Bluetooth Speaker available this year.
The first being to select the right manufacturer for your portable Bluetooth speakers – and if you want to take my advice as a professional DJ I can’t recommend Bose highly enough. The brand is trusted and reputable with many years of outstanding audio experience – their products last and last, the only reason for replacement being they’ve brought out a next generation Bluetooth speaker.
- You should be aware of your budget because portable Bluetooth speakers range from inexpensive to top of the range models which will set you back quite a large amount of money. Once you’ve set your budget you can narrow it down further.
- As portability is key, you want something which delivers supreme sound but is small enough to port easily – even in a suitcase. Now Bose offers many portable Bluetooth speakers and even though some people think that Bluetooth affects audio sound – this isn’t true when you buy from this brand.
- You should look for strength and durability – question what your portable Bluetooth speakers are made of – will they withstand rough use? Yes of course you need to be careful with precious audio equipment but the chances are you’ll be using these outdoors, at the pool, on vacation and in your backyard so a strong outer-casing is vital.
- Check the distance of sound too so question how far you can hear your music, so if you are using your Bluetooth speakers at home and you leave them in your living area – can you hear them outdoors if you want to sit in your backyard if they aren’t weather resistant? Equally if you want to listen to your sound system outdoors and you’re by the pool – how far will the sound travel before it it can’t be heard and how far away from your compatible device can your speakers be positioned?
- How long will it play before the battery runs out? There’s no point in going out to the beach for the day only to find your new portable Bluetooth speakers die out after three hours of play!
- They need to be lightweight, there’s no point in buying a portable set of speakers if they’re too heavy to take with you wherever you want to go – check the weight!
So now you know what to look for, what are the best portable Bluetooth speakers to buy?
SoundLink Color BOSE Portable Bluetooth Speaker
This one comes in various colours and is inexpensive, nevertheless expect a quality performance and a product designed to last for many years delivering superlative audio.
Here are some facts:
- It has a 30 feet connectivity range
- It pairs with 2 devices at once
- The Color will stay alive about 8 hours on one battery charge
- It is compact and light weighting 1.25 pounds
- It features an auxiliary input plug
- This Bose will deliver crisp sound with a decent fidelity but don’t expect too much from its bass tones
It connects super-fast to your desired device and gives a very clear and sharp sound despite its size plus delivers 8 hours of music from its rechargeable lithium battery. This Bose portable bluetooth speaker comes with a wall charger and a cable and voice prompts make it so easy to set up.
BOSE SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Slightly more expensive than the other Bose portable bluetooth speaker called SoundLink, this is the mini version but it delivers the same speaker performance – just in a smaller version. This one comes in two colors, black or pearl grey and it might be small but it gives big boom and plenty of incredibly sharp sound – hear the lows and the highs without any distortion and it’s so compact it’s the perfect travel companion.
- Here are some facts:
- It will connect with your device on a 30 feet range
- Compact durable construction and light at just 1.5 lbs.
- You will get a charging cradle
Additionally, this Bose portable bluetooth speaker has a built-in speakerphone so if you want to make a phone call – hear it loud and clear without lifting your phone to your ear. With 10 hours of performance it’s worth the extra outlay and did I mention its size? It’s so small it fits in your hand! The only downside is remembering where you put it because it’s so discreet.
SoundLink BOSE Portable Bluetooth Speaker III
This is a beast but a portable one at that! It’s much more expensive than the other two mentioned here but it is the premium, crème de la crème of Bose portable Bluetooth speakers. Whether you’re chilling out by the pool or having a full-scale outdoor party this speaker will perform and all by connecting to your preferred device.
You can hear the clarity of your music, the depth of sound and the crispness – there’s no distortion whatsoever and it beats any other Bluetooth portable speaker hands down. It has plenty of protection too so it’s guaranteed to last for years and the rechargeable battery gives you 14 hours of music. Better warn the neighbors then!
Additionally, this speaker comes with an aux input so you can connect to other sources, there’s a USB port for software updates, power adaptor and a 12V car charger so you can charge it while on the road.
Out of the 3, I would choose the BOSE SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III simply because it’s the best portable speaker you can buy but if you choose any of the above you’ll be making an informed decision which you’ll be thrilled with.